SEARCH WITH THE PROGRAM FINDER
LEARN MORE ABOUT INTERNSHIPS
Design Your Own Customized Program
Art History in Florence. Biomedical Engineering in Barcelona. Comparative Healthcare Systems in Havana. Global Business in London. With API Customized Programs, some of the best learning happens outside of the classroom walls. The world is your classroom. API is ready to help you develop your next customized or faculty-led program.
Learn About Developing a Customized Program
Say hello to the mamas
When the Four Mamas founded API together more than 20 years ago, they dreamed of creating high-quality, safe, life-changing study abroad programs they would feel good sending their own kids on. With dedication, hard work, and a lot of love, their dream became reality. Thousands and thousands of students have chosen API to support them on their own life-changing study abroad experiences, with the Four Mamas cheering them on every step of the way. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you on your journey.
Learn More About API
Careers at API
Study Abroad + Options
Study with universities and instructors across the world.
Connect with locals and create a global community.
Experience cultural events within our global workspace that broaden your perspectives and add an international edge to your resume.
It’s all there at a fraction of the cost with future scholarships available future study abroad programs.
Join in on cultural events hosted by API’s Global Guides with other students from around the world. Think: Cooking classes! Art and graffiti tours! International movie nights! Scavenger hunts through famous museums!
In our Global Select program, we are available to help you build your perfect course loads from institutions in Argentina, Australia, Costa Rica, New Zealand, or Spain. You can even add a course from your own university or API’s Innovation Lab, Community Engagement Lab or Virtual Global Internship.
In our Innovation Lab, you work in a team for 10 weeks to uncover creative business solutions to global challenges making connections with peers, mentors and cultural coaches along the way. At the end, you showcase your work in a pitch competition to industry experts. Or try our Community Engagement Lab where you produce an action plan to support community-based organizations locally with a global perspective.
In our Virtual Global Internship, you can enhance your career readiness and develop workplace cultural competency—all from home!
Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 virtual students receive a $500 scholarship toward a summer study abroad program or $3000 toward a quarter or semester-long study abroad program valid until Fall 2022.
All virtual students are eligible to go on an optional 7-16 day excursion to Argentina, Australia, Italy, London and Paris, New Zealand, or Spain in January or March 2021.
API has partnered with some of our top international university partners from around the world to offer their expansive course catalogs to our students for a truly global, borderless and connected experience!
Pre-Designed Tracks for Students
We are also available to help you build your perfect track. Take anywhere from 1 to 6 online courses with the option to add API's Labs or Virtual Global Internship, or courses from your own university.
As part of this program, you complete activities and exercises earning you a Global Agility Badge.
BUILD YOUR OWN TERM
In this immersive lab experience, you work with a team of peers to uncover creative business solutions to global challenges. Along the way, you are mentored by a group of cultural coaches and advisors who prepare you to present your work in a pitch competition to industry experts.
Upon completion, the solutions you uncover and the connections you build will help you gain a global edge and give you the skills to jumpstart your career.
Want more? Add the Innovation Lab to a regular API program, including Global Select, or take as a standalone.
You will receive three badges in the API Digital Badge stack, including: Global Innovation, Global Teamwork, and Global Problem-Solving.
SHOW ME MORE
Engage with a team of peers to produce an action plan to support community-based organizations locally with a global perspective.
Learn from cultural coaches and field experts about various approaches to community organizing, advocacy, civic engagement, and allyship for marginalized communities.
Build a global-to-local advocacy action plan leveraging a domestic and international network of community partners to enact change.
As part of this program, you complete activities and exercises earning you a Global-to-Local Community Engagement Badge.
Grow international skills, gain workplace cultural competency, and add a boost to your resume...all from home!
Virtual Internship Participants can also pair their placement with either API’s Global Select program or Innovation Lab and will participate in rich, cultural experiences provided through APIConnect.
As part of this program, you complete activities and exercises earning you a Global Workplace Communication Badge.
SEE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Study Spanish at your level, from beginner to advanced, in an intensive virtual environment while earning college credit from either Universidad de Salamanca in Spain or Universidad Veritas in Costa Rica. API has also partnered with Université Grenoble Alpes to bring you short-term language opportunities in French!Practice and learn Spanish or French with locals, helping you to build and refine your language skills quickly with courses lasting 2 - 4 weeks. End your session as a more confident speaker, understanding the nuances of local culture, and the complexities of native conversation. API’S DIGITAL BADGE PROGRAM
STUDY WITH UNIVERSIDAD DE SALAMANCA
STUDY WITH UNIVERSIDAD VERITAS
As part of this program, you complete activities and exercises in Spanish, earning you a Global Agility Gold Badge.
STUDY WITH UNIVERSITE GRENOBLE ALPES
Everything from customized coursework to cultural experiences, API has packaged it all in one curated, collaborative space for global learners.
In one day, you can take classes from talented instructors around the world, then meet up with one of API’s local Resident Directors to experience the sights and sounds of a new destination.
- Virtual art and graffiti tours through the streets of cities like Valparaiso, Chile
- An international movie night
- Learn to cook Tortilla Española with our staff in Spain
AND MANY MORE!
Showcase your new skills with API’s Digital Badge program. Upon successful program completion, you earn unique digital credentials you can display on your LinkedIn, e-portfolio, online resume, etc.
1. Show employers the specific steps you took to build essential skills they value, like leadership, strategic planning, empathy, and more.
2. Level-up your virtual experience by completing guided activities that connect you with global experts.
3. Demonstrate your ability to maximize opportunities to thrive in the virtual environment and a readiness to innovate in a global, digital economy.
Earn this digital badge by completing activities attached to API's Global Select program.
- The exercises are designed to enhance your global career readiness by building skills like leadership, strategic planning, cultural competence, and more!
- Show employers your agility in embracing diverse points of view to produce meaningful change and transform challenge to opportunity.
You can level-up your badge when you focus on Spanish language learning! Complete selected activities in Spanish and display language fluency to future employers.
This digital badge is the capstone badge of the Innovation Lab Digital Badge Stack. Earn it in the Innovation Lab course. With it, you showcase your ability to:
- Collaborate with teammates to innovate solutions to global challenges.
- Learn from cultural coaches and build connections with industry mentors.
- Connect your solutions to real-world applications.
- Drive innovation to make a meaningful impact.
This digital badge is part of the Innovation Lab Digital Badge Stack.
- Earn this digital badge by working with a team to create innovative solutions to global problems.
- Diverse perspectives, cultural competence, and a drive to succeed are all key to collaborations that make an impact.
- Assess your collaborative skills, practice peer review, and refine your individual approach to leadership in team settings.
- Earn this badge through addressing global problem solving by embracing diverse perspectives, leveraging curiosity, networking with experts, and piloting solutions.
- Design, implement, assess, and modifying to test your hypotheses and grow skills of resilience and change management.
Earn this Digital Badge by navigating diverse cultural workplace environments and developing essential skills necessary for success in a global economy.
- Contribute meaningfully to strategic goals of an international company by refining communication skills through practice in real time.
- Demonstrate your ability to embrace innovation in remote work and enhance your individual professional strengths with a global perspective.
You can level-up your badge when you focus on Spanish language learning! Complete selected activities in Spanish and display language fluency to future employers
Create meaningful community engagement opportunities locally with a global perspective. Connect impactful solutions to real-world challenges and create change by actively enacting plans developed, designed, and delivered with community goals in mind.