WHY INTERN ABROAD?
Why should you intern abroad? It is a great way to build professional skills, make contacts, and discover and develop your own passions, interests, and personal awareness.
WHY INTERN ABROAD WITH API?
API helps prepare you for success in the workforce with guaranteed, custom internship placements, career exploration and cultivation tools, on-site workplace and culture orientation, career navigation tools, on-site support, and cultural events, and so much more.
Some recent examples of API communication internships include:
- London, England – Here, an API participant worked in a media relations placement at a video production company, where she was able to report on important current events, edit those pieces, and work on marketing outreach.
- Dublin, Ireland – Here, an API intern was placed at the independent corporate service provider of choice for international companies. The intern assisted with the development of the overall marketing plan and budget, identifying growth services and areas of expertise on which to concentrate; focusing on digital marketing and liaising with website and digital marketing consultants to update the website for content and hit rates; contributing to social media engagement; developing the blog; and assisting with brochures, events and networking.
- Edinburgh, Scotland – Here, an API intern worked at an iconic festival organization in Edinburgh. This intern’s duties include working with the sales and marketing teams on venues for a mixture of events throughout the season; working alongside the events team with a wedding planner, social media and marketing support, etc.; compiling an updated analysis of local competitor venues, logistics, updating client database, and other activities.
- Auckland, New Zealand – Here, an API intern worked at a non-profit organization responsible for hosting the annual film festival. Duties include filming key events of the film festival, editing and producing promotional footage for company content and future film festival events, and managing the company’s Vimeo channel.
- Santiago, Chile – Here, an API intern worked with the top startup accelerator in Latin America, and one of the top 5 in the world reaching out to financial technology startups in Chile. This intern’s duties included working on communication plans, creating and organizing meet-ups and community events, and other duties as assigned.
- Barcelona, Spain – Here, an API intern worked with a company dedicated to researching and developing software for businesses to create their own personalized brand and logo icons. Duties include social media and marketing functions, and managing new ways to expand the company to new international markets, focusing on the U.S.
COURSES FOR DEPAUL STUDENTS
College of Communication undergraduate students at DePaul University have the opportunity to enroll in CMN 395 and receive academic credit for the Sage Corps 8-week summer full-time entrepreneurship program. Graduate students can enroll in CMN 591.
For more information, please see the DePaul College of Communication Internships Abroad page.
API INTERNSHIP LOCATIONS
DePaul University students who are interested in participating in an API international internship will choose from among API’s summer 2 8-week fixed date summer programs in the following locations:
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Melbourne, and Sydney, Australia
- Santiago, Chile
- Bristol and London, England
- Dublin, Ireland
- Auckland and Wellington, New Zealand
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Barcelona, Madrid, and Seville, Spain
Questions? Contact Graciela Kenig, Communication Internships Director at email@example.com.
Visit the API Internships page to learn more about these great opportunities!