This program is a transformative professional experience that will help you stand out in the future for study abroad alumni, teachers, or professionals. Teach English to primary and secondary students across the country. Consider this opportunity to learn, develop and grow, while gaining an understanding of the cultural parallels and novelties nurtured by Western and Eastern countries. Earn a monthly salary, while accommodation, meals and completion bonus are included.
Pre Departure Services
Orientation Materials and Resources
Access to International Phone Plans
API Alumni Network
On Site Services
Housing and Meals (3 meals per day or a food allowance are provided Monday-Friday)
On-Site Orientation (in Beijing; includes 2 nights accommodations and 3 meals per day)
Introduction to Mandarin Language Lessons (during orientation)
Transportation to School Placement Following Orientation
Medical, Life Travel Insurance
Completion bonus of 6500 RMB after 6 months
Some Schools May Provide Chinese Lessons (inquire with API after placement)
Re-Entry Materials and Support
Alumni Network and Global Leadership Academy
- 21-50 years old
- Bachelor’s degree and TEFL certificate (or 2 years teaching experience)
- Background check
- Cover letter including: Your goals/motivations for choosing this particular program. Background skills, training or experience you have that may be relevant. Special hobbies/interests. Prior international study/travel/volunteer/work experience.
- Your goals/motivations for choosing this particular program.
- Background skills, training or experience you have that may be relevant.
- Special hobbies/interests.
- Prior international study/travel/volunteer/work experience.
- $150 deposit (considered a portion of the total program cost)
- For those without a TEFL certificate, a 120-hour online TEFL course is available for an additional cost. Contact your Program Manager for details