Be a part of a government bilingual initiative in Costa Rica! Explore this short-term opportunity to get classroom experience as an Assistant Teacher of English in a unique context, while contributing to national efforts of raising English level of Costa Rica's citizens. Facilitate classes to primary and secondary public school students or young adults in vocational schools.
Pre Departure Services
Orientation Materials and Resources
Access to International Phone Plans
API Alumni Network
On Site Services
Housing and Meals (breakfast and dinner daily; lunch on school days)
Medical, Life Travel Insurance
On-Site Support from Partner, Host School, and Host Family
On-Site Orientation (2-3 days in San José)
Local Transportation Stipend
Re-Entry Materials and Support
Alumni Network and Global Leadership Academy
- Minimum 18 years old
- Native English speaker
- Background check
- Cover letter including: Your goals/motivations for choosing this particular program. Background skills, training or experience you have that may be relevant. Special hobbies/interests. Prior international study/travel/volunteer/work experience.
- Your goals/motivations for choosing this particular program.
- Background skills, training or experience you have that may be relevant.
- Special hobbies/interests.
- Prior international study/travel/volunteer/work experience.