Collaborate, support, observe and learn by volunteering in Costa Rica. A common mission of API volunteer projects is to expand opportunities, improve the quality of life of local members of the community and brighten the future of this Earth we collectively call home. Volunteer opportunities in Costa Rica within the areas of child care, sustainable farming, environment/ecology, social justice, education.
Pre Departure Services
Orientation Materials and Resources
Access to International Phone Plans
API Alumni Network
On Site Services
Housing and Meals (2-3 meals per day with host family)
Medical, Life Travel Insurance
On-Site Support from Partner and Host Agency
Re-Entry Materials and Support
Alumni Network and Global Leadership Academy
- Minimum 18 years old
- Background check
- Cover letter including: Your goals/motivations for choosing this particular program. Background skills, training or experience you have that may be relevant. Special hobbies/interests. Prior international study/travel/volunteer/work experience.
- Your goals/motivations for choosing this particular program.
- Background skills, training or experience you have that may be relevant.
- Special hobbies/interests.
- Prior international study/travel/volunteer/work experience.
- $150 deposit (considered a portion of the total program cost)
- Activities assigned vary according to Spanish proficiency