Experience how organizations respond to social issues by engaging in one of three projects in Berlin, whose mission is to promote peace among various peoples of the world, through understanding, communication, and cooperation. Through cultural, formative and committed exchange between people of different cultures contribute to this initiative in areas of education, child care, nonprofit administration, and social services for 2-4 weeks.
Pre Departure Services
Orientation Materials and Resources
Access to International Phone Plans
API Alumni Network
On Site Services
Housing and Meals (3 per day)
Medical, Life Travel Insurance
On-Site Support from Partner and Host School
Transportation Stipend (within Berlin)
Re-Entry Materials and Support
Alumni Network and Global Leadership Academy
- Minimum 18 years old
- High-beginner level of German required
- Application form
- Cover letter including:Your goals/motivations for choosing this particular program. Background skills, training or experience you have that may be relevant. Special hobbies/interests. Prior international study/travel/volunteer/work experience.
- Your goals/motivations for choosing this particular program.
- Background skills, training or experience you have that may be relevant.
- Special hobbies/interests.
- Prior international study/travel/volunteer/work experience.
- $150 non-refundable deposit (applies to overall program cost)
- Supplementary application materials due after provisional acceptance