API Has Accepted You
Congratulations! We’re excited to accept into your Academic Programs International (API) program! Please read the information below about what comes next!
Now that you have been accepted by API, we need to get you onboarded into your intern program. Remember that you are applying for a professional experience, so you’ll need to be prepared for your interview, adhere to all deadlines, and respond to communications promptly.
URGENT NEXT STEPS
- Log into your APIConnect student account and complete all incomplete forms (Academic Information, Onboarding forms, Payment Options, etc).
- Secure your University’s approval: If you are seeking college credits, your home institution will need to approve your participation in our program. If you haven’t already secured your home university’s approval, please log into APIConnect and follow the directions for the University Approval section. If you are a recent high school or college graduate student, please reach out to your Program Manager.
- Check your passport and make sure it is valid for a minimum of 6 months after the program end date. If you do not yet have a passport, please start the process as soon as possible. If you are not a-U.S. citizen, click here for more details about this process.
- Your application for participation in this program will be considered in full as soon as your Onboarding documents and confirmation payment have been received and processed. Once these steps are complete, we will schedule a Virtual interview with your Program Manager, and begin your placement process.
- Upon receiving your official Offer Letter, you must review it within 48 hours. API cannot confirm the placement for you until you have signed the offer letter and submitted your partial payment.
- Start your visa process after accepting your Offer Letter! (if required) You can find more information in your APIConnect account and your Program Manager will be in touch with next steps, if a visa is required for your program.
- Note: At API we want to ensure that your internship sets you up for success! We will work with you and our database of host employers to find the best internship match for your experience and desired outcomes. Please note that all API internships are unpaid.
Once you have been accepted by API, we will charge you or your home university a non-refundable $400 Confirmation Payment which will be due within 14 days of acceptance. If you do not complete the required forms and make the required payments in APIConnect by the deadline, your onboarding will be placed on hold until they are received. Upon receiving your Offer Letter, we will need for you to sign and return it and pay a partial payment of $1,000 to secure your placement and on-site logistics. These fees are non-refundable if the student rescinds the internship placement. The $150 deposit is non-refundable.
Once you have completed all of your paperwork, there will be a few more pre-departure steps to complete. We ask that you hold off on making any flight arrangements until you have been given the go-ahead to do so.
OPTIONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE
Given continued uncertainties associated with international travel, API highly recommends that all students purchase insurance protection. For more information, click here.