Gap, intern, or study abroad in
Enrich the time between high school and college in a gap program, differentiate your resume with an internship, or get class credit while you study abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in Argentina’s language, lifestyle and culture.
Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
Immerse yourself in French culture and the way of life in Grenoble or Paris! Courses are taught in French at all levels, from beginning to superior. Classes are comprised of other foreign and American students.
Whether it’s gastronomic greatness, artistic endeavor or cultural cachet you’re looking for, there’s no doubt that France still sits right at the top of the European heap. France is the country for which the word chic was invented – seductive and aloof, old-fashioned and forward-looking, but always characterized by a certain je ne sais quoi. France is Europe’s most diverse, tasty, and, in many ways, exciting country to explore. With more than 60 million people, it features three distinct mountain ranges (the Alps, the Pyrenees and the Central), the Atlantic and Mediterranean coastlines, cosmopolitan cities, and sleepy villages.
Meet the Resident Directors in Grenoble
Cities in France with API Programs:
- Live and study with the magnificent French Alps as your backdrop
- Acclaimed French universities
- Grenoble is known as a university town, with a vibrant and active student population
- Amazing French cuisine
- Its proximity to Switzerland, Italy, Monaco and the Mediterranean make it easy to travel and explore new places
- Wonderful museums and rich culture
- Fantastic hiking and biking opportunities
- Great skiing and winter sports (site of 1968 Olympic Winter Games)
- The iconic Eiffel Tower, famous Champs-Elysées, and some of the best museums in the world
- World-class cosmopolitan city
- Excellent French universities
- Home to legendary artists, poets, politicians, and scientists
- Known the world over as a center for politics, as well as for exceptional art, cuisine, culture and fashion
- One of the most romantic cities in the world, and often referred to as “The City of Love”
- The opportunity to explore each of the city’s arrondissements (districts), each with its own unique personality and story
- Hub for European travel
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about Europe on our blog:
Now that the world is opening back up our dreams of travel don’t seem so far away! This May we heard from API alumni and even our own Senior VP of International Operations who shared their photos...
There is still time to apply to 2021 API programs! Below please find application deadlines* for our study abroad and virtual programs for the coming terms. We’ve included links to get you to the...
We are still daydreaming of traveling to beautiful faraway cities and experiencing new sights, sounds and tastes. This April we lived vicariously through our wonderful API alumni who shared their...
“API provided me with the tools I needed to succeed, while also challenging me to grow personally, professionally, and academically. API staff were very supportive through the entire process of study abroad – from the pre-departure process, arrival, on-site staff, departure, to return home. I would definitely recommend studying abroad with API.”