Gap, intern, or study abroad in
Enrich the time between high school and college in a gap program, differentiate your resume with an internship, or get class credit while you study abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in Australia’s lifestyle and culture.
Experiencing Sydney, Australia with API
API offers students a wonderful opportunity for students to take programs in Australia and experience life “down under” in locations such as Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and Sydney. A wide variety of courses are available in English, taught alongside Australian and other international students.
Australia has one of the top systems of higher education in the world (23 of its universities are in the world top 500), and is the 4th largest recipient of international students (behind only the U.S., U.K., and France). The country is known for its diverse and beautiful landscapes that span the world’s largest island (or smallest continent, depending on your point of view). Five of Australia’s cities are ranked among the world’s top 30 for students to live in (Mercer), and cities such as Brisbane and Sydney are known for their eclectic and international makeup. Come experience this amazing land through an API study or intern abroad program in Australia!
Check out this Australian excursion to Cairns!
Cities in Australia with API Programs:
- Brisbane is the capital of the state of Queensland
- The area is the 3rd largest in population in Australia
- Brisbane has been named the “World’s Best Downtown” and “Australia’s Hippest City”
- Cosmopolitan city (30% of population born outside Australia)
- World-class restaurants, museums and art galleries
- Known for its sunny climate, ideal for outdoor living and and active lifestyle
- Easy to use as a home base for exploring Australia and its neighbors
Why Gold Coast
- Renowned for its long, sandy beaches
- Australia’s 6th largest city
- Opportunity to visit the nearby Great Barrier Reef and other natural wonders
- Host of the 2018 Commonwealth Games
- Proximity to a World Heritage rainforest and national parks
- One of Australia’s most iconic and celebrated surfing destinations
- Known for its elaborate canal and waterway system
- Among Australia’s fastest growing urban areas
- Largest city in Australia
- Country’s economic and financial hub
- One of the world’s most multicultural cities
- The magnificent Sydney Opera House and stunning Sydney Harbour
- Consistently ranks as one of the world’s most livable cities
- Regional home to over 500 multinational companies
- Abundant green spaces and parklands
- Sydney is home to the most high rise buildings in the country, which has created a stunning skyline
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about the South Pacific on our blog:
There is still time to apply to Winter and Spring 2022 API programs! Below please find application deadlines* for our study abroad and virtual programs for the coming terms. We’ve included links to...
We are excited to announce that we have extended application deadlines for several of our most popular Summer 2021 programs! FRANCE Paris, Summer Art and Design at Parsons Paris: April 1 ITALY...
February marked the launch of API’s new series, #TravelTuesdays, where every Tuesday we share personal photos and experiences from API alumni on the @apiabroad Instagram account. Each week API...
“API was fantastic – they gave us plenty of information on workplace culture and how to get around. The placement was absolutely superb and showed how hard the API staff works in order to give students every opportunity to succeed abroad.”