Intern and study abroad in
Differentiate your resume with an internship or get class credit while you study abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in New Zealand’s lifestyle and culture.
Experiencing New Zealand with API
API offers students a wonderful opportunity to study abroad in New Zealand and experience the “Kiwi” way of life through study in locations such as Auckland, Dunedin, and Wellington. A wide variety of courses are available in English, taught alongside New Zealanders and other international students.
New Zealand has one of the top systems of higher education in the world, and its universities rank in the world’s top 100 in over 30 subjects. The country is known for its gorgeous landscapes that have served as the backdrop for numerous films such as the Lord of the Rings series, and it is a top destination for outdoor adventurers with its majestic mountain ranges, rivers, and miles and miles of coastline. Come experience this amazing country through an API study abroad program in New Zealand!
Check out New Zealand
Cities in New Zealand with API Programs:
- Largest city in New Zealand
- World’s 3rd highest quality of living
- Known as the “City of Sails”
- Over 100 miles of pristine beaches
- Multicultural, cosmopolitan city
- Fascinating mix of natural beauty and abundant opportunities for urban adventures
- The chance to explore its 48 volcanic cones
- Discover the beauty of nearby islands, abundant green spaces and see the stunning views from atop the magnificent Harbour Bridge
- Dunedin is the ecotourism heart of New Zealand
- Diverse array of cultural activities and events to enjoy
- Dunedin is the world’s 5th-largest city by area!
- 20% of the population is students
- Well known for its “foodie” culture
- New Zealand’s “Wildlife Capital”
- One of the few places in the inhabited world to see the glorious Southern Lights
- Founded as a Scottish settlement in the 1800s, Dunedin (the Celtic name for Edinburgh) has a strong Scottish legacy and identity
- New Zealand’s capital city
- Festival city and political heart of New Zealand
- Charm of a European city with New Zealand scenery
- The “culinary capital of New Zealand”
- Known for its vibrant creative culture
- Almost all residents live within 2 miles of the coastline
- Triple crown of business school accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA)
- Award-winning service and leadership certificate programs
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about the South Pacific on our blog:
Congratulations to our 2023 API Photo Contest winners! After reviewing hundreds of incredible student photos, we have selected our group of winners. We’ll be sharing the winners and some of our...
With school back in session, we wanted to share a recap of travel stories shared by our API Alumni this past summer! Through our #TravelTuesdays series on social media, we hope you feel inspired to...
It’s time to catch up with API's Student Outreach Team! Week in, week out, we talk to students about all things API and the incredible experiences we offer. Quick recap: If you've emailed, chatted,...
“I learned a lot about myself, traveling, and the beauty of New Zealand’s environment and culture. I would do it again in a heartbeat!”
API Auckland, New Zealand student
Experience New Zealand with API