Experience study abroad in
Differentiate your resume and get class credit while you study abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in Hungary’s language, lifestyle and culture.
Experiencing Hungary with API
A relatively small, landlocked nation of around ten million people, Hungary will steal your heart, luring you back, again and again, to sample its rich wines, lounge in its thermal spas, gaze at its natural beauty and make one more attempt to master its hermetic language.
API students in Budapest can choose from a variety of undergraduate courses in English in the areas of economics, business, social sciences and public administration. Semester and academic year terms are available. Classes are comprised of other foreign and American students. Each course is worth 3 semester credits, and students typically take 12-15 credits per semester. Take the plunge and study abroad in Hungary with API!
Learn More about Corvinus University in Budapest
Cities in Hungary with API Programs:
- Affordable and cosmopolitan European capital
- Fantastic thermal baths
- The opportunity to explore the two distinct and very different parts of the city: Buda and Pest, separated by the magnificent Danube and connected by numerous bridges
- The charming Margaret Island, dubbed Budapest’s Central Park and located in the middle of the Danube River, is ideal for running, walking, or just enjoying the beautiful scenery
- Close proximity for easy travel to other European cities such as Kraków, Prague, and Vienna
- Abundant opportunities to get to know local students through classes and social activities
- The intriguing Hungarian language
- See remnants of Hungary’s communist past
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about Europe on our blog:
Attention high school and gap students! Are you unsure what your future holds for winter or spring 2022? We have exciting news: there is still plenty of time to apply to API gap programs! If you’re...
There is still time to apply to Winter and Spring 2022 API programs! Below please find application deadlines* for our study abroad and virtual programs for the coming terms. We’ve included links to...
Twenty years ago today (August 15, 2001), I walked into the API office to begin what I thought was a job. Little did I know that when I opened that door I was taking my first steps into a career that would span two decades, nor did I anticipate that this position would lead to lifelong friendships with individuals who have enriched my life exponentially and who have become like family to me.
“Studying abroad in Budapest with API was one of the greatest decisions I have ever made.”
API Budapest student
Experiencing Hungary with API