Experience study abroad in
Differentiate your resume and get class credit while you study abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in Poland’s language, lifestyle and culture.
Experiencing Kraków, Poland with API
For centuries, Poland has been a bridge between the East and West. Set in the heart of Europe, Poland is a multifaceted country where the capital and medieval towns are trawled by contemporary city slickers, and where horse-drawn carts negotiate country lanes, untouched by progress.
Poland remains safe and reasonably inexpensive, with hospitable people who welcome visitors. Over the past decade, it has developed into a modern, vibrant and progressive state, yet at the same time, it maintains its traditional culture. A fascinating destination, we encourage you to explore this lovely country and see why our former students describe our program as “life-changing” and “a one-of-a-kind experience to remember”!
Some Advice from API Resident Directors
Cities in Poland with API Programs:
- Formerly the capital of Poland, Kraków remains an extremely important academic, artistic, cultural and economic center
- Enchanting Main Market Square filled with cafes, restaurants, and jazz clubs (the largest city square in Europe!)
- The magnificent Wawel Castle and the fire-breathing Wawel Dragon
- Active student population, vibrant social scene and growing cafe culture
- Kraków’s Old Town was the world’s first designated UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Close to the Tatra Mountains (great for hiking and skiing!) and the famous Wieliczka Salt Mines
- City of kings, popes, poets, Nobel and Oscar prize winners
- Gain insight into the realities of life during the Holocaust by visiting the Jewish Quarter, Oskar Schindler’s factory, the Empty Chairs Memorial, and nearby Auschwitz, all of which stand as monuments to the past
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about Europe on our blog:
Twenty years ago today (August 15, 2001), I walked into the API office to begin what I thought was a job. Little did I know that when I opened that door I was taking my first steps into a career that would span two decades, nor did I anticipate that this position would lead to lifelong friendships with individuals who have enriched my life exponentially and who have become like family to me.
Years ago, I studied abroad in both Madrid and Paris, and these experiences were so impactful that I knew with complete certainty that I wanted to pursue opportunities that would allow me to travel and to continue engaging in intercultural exchange.
By: Jason Kouba, Vice President of University Relations One of my favorite things to do is travel. To me, there is nothing better than having the chance to experience what life is like in another...
I cannot put into words what I gained and all that I learned. I simply threw myself into a place I knew not much about and got everything I could have asked for in return. This program taught me so much, and I came home a new person, I now know myself because of API Krakow.”
API Krakow student
Experiencing Kraków, Poland with API