Experience study abroad in
Differentiate your resume and get class credit while you study abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in Cuba’s language, lifestyle and culture.
Experiencing Havana, Cuba with API
While seemingly distant – Cuba and the U.S. are separated by a mere 90 miles of water – the two countries are divided more by politics than geography. As it moves into the 21st century, Cuba is adapting to changing political and economic realities at home and abroad.
API offers students the unique opportunity to study abroad in Cuba through the prestigious Universidad de la Habana. Founded in 1728, the Universidad de La Habana is the oldest university in Cuba and one of the first to be founded in the Americas.
Meet Our Resident Directors in Latin America
Cities in Cuba with API Programs:
- The opportunity to step back into time through Havana’s colonial charm, the Cuban lifestyle and the value placed on time spent with others and enjoying life to the fullest
- International art and music festivals
- Friendly, welcoming and extremely generous people
- Excellent cuisine, amazing fruit, and fantastic coffee
- One of the oldest universities in the Americas
- The chance to stroll along the Malacón (seawall), feel the ocean breeze, and listen to the peaceful sounds of waves
- Old Havana is a rich tapestry of bright colors, as seen in the classic cars and the buildings that line the streets
- Vibrant social scene and nightlife, and salsa dancing – so much salsa dancing!
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about Latin America on our blog:
Congratulations to our 2023 API Photo Contest winners! After reviewing hundreds of incredible student photos, we have selected our group of winners. We’ll be sharing the winners and some of our...
With school back in session, we wanted to share a recap of travel stories shared by our API Alumni this past summer! Through our #TravelTuesdays series on social media, we hope you feel inspired to...
It’s time to catch up with API's Student Outreach Team! Week in, week out, we talk to students about all things API and the incredible experiences we offer. Quick recap: If you've emailed, chatted,...
“API was absolutely amazing before, during and after the program. They made my experience the best it could possibly be, and I would go back to Cuba with them in a heartbeat.”