Experience study abroad in
Differentiate your resume and get class credit while you study abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in South Korea’s language, lifestyle and culture.
Experience Seoul with API
API offers students an incredible opportunity to immerse themselves in a vibrant blend of traditional and modern cultures in Seoul, South Korea! In addition to being able to take courses at all levels of Korean at the university, students can also study in in English with Korean and other international students.
API students studying in Seoul have a great homebase to explore the rest of South Korea’s unique neighborhoods full of everything from traditional tea houses to bustling shopping districts with street food stalls, and more! Home to a friendly local community, API is ready to welcome students to South Korea!
Explore Seoul and the Korea University Campus
Cities in South Korea with API Programs:
- Bustling metropolis that combines modernity with rich cultural heritage, as well as a diverse range of experiences, including shopping, nightlife, art, and gastronomy.
- A global leader in technology and innovation make Seoul an ideal destination for students interested in fields like engineering, information technology, and electronics.
- The opportunity to immerse yourself in the vibrant pop culture scene, attend concerts, explore entertainment districts, and experience the unique blend of traditional and modern Korean culture.
- Home to an iconic skyline with the world’s 6th tallest skyscraper.
- Known for its cutting-edge infrastructure and smart city initiatives, Seoul will allow you to learn from the city’s innovative use of technology in various aspects of daily life.
- Studying in Seoul provides an immersive environment to learn Korean, one of the world’s most widely spoken languages. Mastering Korean can enhance your career prospects and deepen your understanding of Korean culture.
- Consistently ranked as one of the safest cities in the world, Seoul offers reliable public transportation system and efficient infrastructure. You can explore the city with ease and peace of mind.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about Asia and the Middle East on our blog:
Meet Lindsey Gabler, an API Alum and Global Leader at University of Georgia, who went abroad to Italy. With her recent travels, Lindsey understands the anticipation that comes with preparing for an...
In honor of International Education Week, we’re highlighting a handful of students who have gone abroad with API for their adventures in experiential learning! Dive into their stories to discover...
Interested in spending your spring abroad? API still has plenty of Spring 2024 programs abroad open — including short-term, no-visa-required program options! Below you’ll find application deadlines*...
“Without API I definitely would not have been able to experience as much as I did. Our on site director went above and beyond with helping us to have the best experience possible.”
~API Shanghai student
Find your program in