Join API for an Experience in
Differentiate your resume and get class credit while you study, intern or take a gap year abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in Canada’s lifestyle, countryside and culture.
Experience the World with API
API offers students a unique and exciting opportunity to study abroad in Canada, the second largest country in the world in area behind Russia. In spite of its size, it is also one of the world’s least-populated countries, though Canadians are known for welcoming immigrant populations from all over the world. Fought over by both the British and the French for years, there are elements of both countries everywhere you go, and the country is officially bilingual in English and French. The French and British influences are supplemented by the cultures of the country’s Native American peoples (called the First Nations) and Inuit peoples.
Canada has an incredible and varied landscape, with majestic mountains, rolling plains, forested valleys, and beautiful blue rivers and lakes. Some of the oldest rocks on Earth can be found in the Canadian Shield, a hilly region of lakes and swamps in northern Canada. Canadians are proud, have a strong belief in equality and diversity, and a deep respect for all individuals. It is these values that make Canada known as a friendly, peace-loving, and secure place in which to live.
Cities in Canada Where API Will Host Programs
- A charming resort town located in Alberta, Canada, nestled amid Banff National Park
- Surrounded by vibrantly colored lakes that astound visitors
- Majestic mountains, delightful hot springs and awe-inspiring views
- Banff National Park is the first national park in Canada, and the third national park in the world, and United Nations World Heritage Site
- The opportunity to see the Northern Lights
- The ideal setting to enjoy the gifts of nature and to step away from the hustle and bustle of daily life
- Exceptional outdoor sports and activities
- The pristine beauty and idyllic setting result in Banff being one of Canada’s most beloved tourist destinations
- The largest city in the province of Québec, Montreal is set on an island in the Saint Lawrence River
- The second largest French speaking city in the world, after Paris
- Renowned restaurant scene, with cuisine from around the world; it has the highest number of restaurants per capita than anywhere else in the country, and it is second only to New York in all of North America
- The Underground City, a series of interconnected tunnels below the city that connect stores, restaurants, museums, metro stations, and more
- High density of university students, with international students from across the globe
- Host to major international events and festivals each year
- More than 85% of the world’s maple syrup comes from Québec, and Montreal is known for its delectable sweet treats and maple confections
- Fascinating architecture, ranging from French Colonial to Gothic Revival
- The capital of Ontario, Toronto is Canada’s biggest city and the 4th most populous city in North America
- A major center for media, business, economics and entertainment, Toronto draws visitors from all over the world
- Extremely diverse population that reflects the city’s history of welcoming immigrants, with over 140 languages spoken by its residents
- Known for its impressive skyscrapers and the tallest freestanding structure in the Western Hemisphere, the CN Tower
- Abundant parks, trails and green spaces
- Ranked as one of the safest and most livable cities in the world
- With over 50% of its population born outside of Canada, it offers an astounding depth and variety of cuisine options
- Breathtaking and secluded nearby islands
- A bustling seaport in British Columbia, it is one of Canada’s most diverse cities and consistently ranked as one of the world’s most livable cities
- On the water and surrounded by mountains, it offers magnificent views
- Excellent destination for outdoor sports and activities, ranging from skiing to kayaking, biking and hiking to golf and ziplining
- Known for its vibrant art and music scene
- A town of fascinating neighbourhoods, each with its own identity and personality
- Exceptional museums and galleries
- Awe-inspiring bridges, many of which you can climb
- The impressive Stanley Park, home to the famous Seawall, the Vancouver Aquarium, and Stanley Park Totem Poles (one of British Columbia’s most visited attractions)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about our programs on our blog:
Incident Report: Dubin, IrelandAPI has been monitoring the violence and riots that occurred in Dublin on November 23rd. All API students in Dublin, and any reported to be traveling to Dublin...
Are you eager to embark on a study abroad adventure but want to avoid the complexities of securing a student visa? When we say "no-visa-required," we mean programs that last under 90 days that...
In honor of International Education Week, we’re highlighting a handful of students who have gone abroad with API for their adventures in experiential learning! Dive into their stories to discover...
Ready to get
Search available program option and the classes that are included. Search, sorf, filter and compare your options.