Intern and study abroad in
Enrich your time in high school in one of our programs just for you, differentiate your resume with an internship, or get class credit while you study abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in England’s lifestyle and culture.
Experiencing London with API
API offers amazing program options in Leeds and at several universities in London. Pursue science, literature, or business at the University of Leeds. Participate in an internship while taking international relations courses at the University of Westminster. Rub shoulders with elite students from around the world at the London School of Economics. Take a variety of courses at one of the oldest American campuses in London at the Florida State University London Study Center. Or, perhaps take courses at one of the top 25 universities in the world – University College London!
From Stonehenge and Tower Bridge to Eton and Oxford, England is loaded with cherished icons of past eras. But it also does modernity with a confidence and panache left over from its days in the never-setting sun. Fashion, fine dining, clubbing, shopping – England’s rank is among the world’s best, offering endless cultural and social opportunities for visitors and residents alike.
Meet Some of Our European Resident Directors
Cities in England with API Programs:
- One of England’s most popular universities – voted “Best University Destination in the U.K.” by The Independent
- Vibrant and socially-tolerant city
- Leeds offers one of the widest selection of courses in the U.K., and the opportunity to enroll with locals makes it one of our most integrated program options
- Famous for its live music scene and festivals
- An active city with a wide array of entertainment options, with the charming English countryside not far away
- University of Leeds has over 300 clubs and societies that you can join for an authentic student experience
- Known as the “Environmental City of the U.K.,” Leeds is among the “greenest” of European cities
- Geographical center of the U.K. – ideal for traveling around England
- In 2018 London was ranked as the best city in the world for university students (QS World Rankings)
- International center of fine arts and design
- Global political, economic, and business hub
- Among the most diverse cities in the world
- London is frequently the most visited city in the world – there is something for everyone!
- A wealth of galleries, museums & studios, in addition to the plentiful historic sites and castles
- Stunning landmarks, including the iconic Big Ben clock tower and Westminster Abbey
- Hands-on courses in art, communications, journalism, and international relations (and more!)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about Europe on our blog:
Twenty years ago today (August 15, 2001), I walked into the API office to begin what I thought was a job. Little did I know that when I opened that door I was taking my first steps into a career that would span two decades, nor did I anticipate that this position would lead to lifelong friendships with individuals who have enriched my life exponentially and who have become like family to me.
Years ago, I studied abroad in both Madrid and Paris, and these experiences were so impactful that I knew with complete certainty that I wanted to pursue opportunities that would allow me to travel and to continue engaging in intercultural exchange.
By: Jason Kouba, Vice President of University Relations One of my favorite things to do is travel. To me, there is nothing better than having the chance to experience what life is like in another...
“I can not say enough positive things about API and our Leeds leader, Rachel. She is very accessible, available, kind, generous and knowledgeable. I loved all of the trips she organized. I feel like API’s program really enabled me to enjoy my time here without having to worry.”
API Leeds student
Experiencing London with API