Intern and study abroad in
Enrich the time between high school and college in a gap program, differentiate your resume with an internship, or get class credit while you study abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in England’s lively lifestyle and culture.
Experiencing London with API
API offers amazing program options in Leeds and at several universities in London. Pursue science, literature, or business at the University of Leeds. Participate in an internship while taking international relations courses at the University of Westminster. Rub shoulders with elite students from around the world at the London School of Economics. Take a variety of courses at one of the oldest American campuses in London at the Florida State University London Study Center. Or, perhaps take courses at one of the top 25 universities in the world – University College London!
From Stonehenge and Tower Bridge to Eton and Oxford, England is loaded with cherished icons of past eras. But it also does modernity with a confidence and panache left over from its days in the never-setting sun. Fashion, fine dining, clubbing, shopping – England’s rank is among the world’s best, offering endless cultural and social opportunities for visitors and residents alike.
Meet Some of Our European Resident Directors
Cities in England with API Programs:
- One of England’s most popular universities – voted “Best University Destination in the U.K.” by The Independent
- Vibrant and socially-tolerant city
- Leeds offers one of the widest selection of courses in the U.K., and the opportunity to enroll with locals makes it one of our most integrated program options
- Famous for its live music scene and festivals
- An active city with a wide array of entertainment options, with the charming English countryside not far away
- University of Leeds has over 300 clubs and societies that you can join for an authentic student experience
- Known as the “Environmental City of the U.K.,” Leeds is among the “greenest” of European cities
- Geographical center of the U.K. – ideal for traveling around England
- In 2018 London was ranked as the best city in the world for university students (QS World Rankings)
- International center of fine arts and design
- Global political, economic, and business hub
- Among the most diverse cities in the world
- London is frequently the most visited city in the world – there is something for everyone!
- A wealth of galleries, museums & studios, in addition to the plentiful historic sites and castles
- Stunning landmarks, including the iconic Big Ben clock tower and Westminster Abbey
- Hands-on courses in art, communications, journalism, and international relations (and more!)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about Europe on our blog:
Are you eager to embark on a study abroad adventure but want to avoid the complexities of securing a student visa? When we say "no-visa-required," we mean programs that last under 90 days that...
In honor of International Education Week, we’re highlighting a handful of students who have gone abroad with API for their adventures in experiential learning! Dive into their stories to discover...
The Fall Fair season is here! API will be on college campuses across the country in the upcoming months, and we would love to talk to you! Come say hi to API at one of the 2023 fall study abroad...
“I can not say enough positive things about API and our Leeds leader, Rachel. She is very accessible, available, kind, generous and knowledgeable. I loved all of the trips she organized. I feel like API’s program really enabled me to enjoy my time here without having to worry.”
API Leeds student
Experiencing London with API