Experience study abroad in
Differentiate your resume and get class credit while you study abroad. Along the way, you’ll attend prestigious universities, enjoy career-accelerating experiences, and immerse yourself in Croatia’s language, lifestyle and culture.
Experiencing Dubrovnik, Croatia with API
Study abroad in Croatia in the beautiful city of Dubrovnik! Located on the southern tip of Croatia’s Dalmatian coast, Dubrovnik is known for its charming old town, medieval architecture, and gorgeous beaches. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Dubrovnik offers the perfect location to study diplomacy, conflict and peace studies and international relations. Come explore this (re)emerging corner of the Mediterranean and study abroad in Croatia with API!
Though it is a relatively new country in its own right, Croatia has been an influential and important part of European politics and culture for hundreds of years. Independent now for many years and fully recovered from war and division, Croatia is fast losing its status as one of Europe’s best-kept secrets!
Meet Some of Our European Resident Directors
Cities in Croatia with API Programs:
- Among the world’s most spectacular medieval walled cities
- Stunning views of the Adriatic Sea
- Close to beautiful beaches and numerous natural wonders
- University is located within medieval city wall
- Filming location for key scenes in recent Star Wars movies and Game of Thrones episodes
- Very walkable city, where you can traverse the town on charming cobblestoned streets
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Dubrovnik presents a unique opportunity to learn more about the events that have shaped the history and current political and cultural climate of the region
- Lord Byron proclaimed Dubrovnik ‘the pearl of the Adriatic’
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. API demonstrates its commitment to inclusiveness by providing affordable and accessible programs, offering individualized support, and conducting ongoing diversity education and training for all API staff. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.
Read more about Europe on our blog:
Now that the world is opening back up our dreams of travel don’t seem so far away! This May we heard from API alumni and even our own Senior VP of International Operations who shared their photos...
There is still time to apply to 2021 API programs! Below please find application deadlines* for our study abroad and virtual programs for the coming terms. We’ve included links to get you to the...
We are still daydreaming of traveling to beautiful faraway cities and experiencing new sights, sounds and tastes. This April we lived vicariously through our wonderful API alumni who shared their...
I loved everything about this program. The people, the location, the food, the trips we took… I would do it all over again if I could.