Welcome to Your API Experience
Congratulations! You have met API’s requirements for your program! Please read the information below about what comes next!
Now that you have met all of API’s program requirements, we need to get you onboarded into your host university. Here is what they will need:
URGENT NEXT STEPS
Your Host and Home Universities need you to:
- Log into your APIConnect student account and complete all incomplete forms (Academic Information, Host University Requirements, Housing Accommodations, Payment Options, etc).
- Secure your University’s approval: Your home institution must approve your participation in our program. If you haven’t already secured your home university’s approval, please log into APIConnect and follow the directions for the University Approval section.
- Check your passport and make sure it is valid for a minimum of 6 months after the program end date. If you do not yet have a passport, please start the process as soon as possible. If you are not a-U.S. citizen, click here for more details about this process.
- Start your visa process now! (if required) You can find more information in your APIConnect account and your Program Coordinator will be in touch with next steps, if a visa is required for your program.
- Note: Your host university may have minimum requirements for your program. If you do not meet these minimum requirements, we will advocate on your behalf. In the event that you are not able to complete the onboarding process, we will work with you to find an alternative program that meets your needs. Alternatively, you can defer to a future program, or you can decide to withdraw and receive a full refund.
Once you have been accepted by API, we will charge you or your home university a non-refundable $400 Confirmation Payment which will be due within 14 days of acceptance. If you do not complete the required forms and make the required payments in APIConnect by the deadline, your onboarding will be placed on hold until they are received. The $150 deposit is non-refundable.
Once you have completed all of your paperwork, there will be a few more pre-departure steps to complete. We ask that you hold off on making any flight arrangements until you have been given the go-ahead to do so.
OPTIONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE
Given continued uncertainties associated with international travel, API highly recommends that all students purchase insurance protection. For more information, click here.