API’s Early Bird
API’s Early Bird Scholarship Terms and Conditions
By submitting an application for API’s Early Bird Scholarship (the “Early Bird”), whereby API will provide a scholarship of up to $1,000 for your qualifying API Study or Intern Abroad Program, you agree to the following terms & conditions, which are final and binding in all respects. Individual students are subject to scholarship maximums when applying and/or being eligible for multiple API-funded scholarships.
To earn the scholarship, students must:
- Complete the API Early Bird Scholarship Application within the application windows listed below.
- For Summer Programs, the scholarship application period is: November 15 to January 15
- For Fall/Academic Year Programs, the application period is November 15 to January 15
- For Spring Programs, the application period is June 1 to July 31
- Then, complete a qualifying API program application at https://connect.apiabroad.com/create-account and satisfy all of the conditions of participation set forth in the applicable program (including, but not limited to, applying for, being accepted into, paying for and fully participating in an API program).
- Be selected by the API Scholarship Committee as a Scholarship recipient.
- Students participating in customized/faculty-led or virtual programs are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
- Scholarships only apply towards a qualifying API program:
- Summer, short-term (J-term, Maymester, quarer-term, and 8 or 10 week internships) may receive up to $500.
- Semester, academic year and 12 week internships may receive up to $1000.
- Students must demonstrate financial need.
- This scholarship can only be combined with other API-funded scholarships upon review and approval by API’s scholarship committee.
- Students must submit one application per scholarship for which they wish to be considered.
- In order to be eligible to participate in the Early Bird Scholarship you must satisfy all of the conditions of participation set forth in the applicable program (including, but not limited to, applying for, being accepted into, paying for and fully participating in an API program).
- The Early Bird Scholarship is inapplicable for any other API program or timeframe other than as expressly included in the Early Bird Scholarship set forth above.
- Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- API reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Early Bird Scholarship.
- By participating, you agree to release and hold harmless API from and against any and all claims of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Early Bird Scholarship.
- By offering the foregoing program, API does not represent or warrant that travel to any particular area is without risk, and API is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to any particular destination.
- In the event you fail to fully satisfy your eligibility obligations for the Early Bird Scholarship, then you agree to reimburse API for its direct costs pursuant to the Early Bird Scholarship.