API is excited to announce that we will begin offering service-learning programs in Latin America in the summer of 2017.
Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to contribute to a local community abroad, while also earning academic credit, living with a host family, immersing yourself in the culture, and practicing your Spanish!
- Travel to San Joaquín de Flores, Costa Rica, or Quito, Ecuador, during multiple summer sessions.
- Select either 2-week or 4-week program options.
- Volunteer in projects helping children or the elderly, or other educational programs.
- Complete a specially designed online course through Siena College, earning either 1 or 3 U.S. semester credits.
- The structure and the assignments of the course will help students set learning objectives, reflect on their intercultural and service experiences, and critically examine service-learning in an international context.
- Open to all current college students 18 years and older.
- Placements available for every level of Spanish speaker, including beginners.
Or find more details about API’s new service-learning programs by visiting the links below:
About Siena College: Siena College is a private, liberal arts college located just minutes from Albany, NY. With an enrollment of 3,000 undergraduate students, Siena College offers 30 majors, over 60 minors and certificates, and internships in the areas of liberal arts, science, and business.
About API Service-Learning: API currently offers our service-learning program in both Costa Rica and Ecuador during the summer session.