API’s Learning Experience
Learning Experience Scholarship Terms and Conditions
By submitting an application for API’s Learning Experience Scholarship, you agree to the following terms & conditions, which are final and binding in all respects.
To earn the Scholarship, students must:
- Complete the Learning Experience Scholarship application by the deadlines listed below.
- For Maymester and summer API programs and 8 or 10 week summer internships, students are eligible for a $500 scholarship, and the scholarship application period is: March 9, 2023 to May 15, 2023
- For fall semester, academic-year programs and 12-week fall internships, students are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship, and the application period is March 9, 2023 to August 1, 2023.
- For spring semester programs and 12-week spring internships, students are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship, and the application period is March 9, 2023 to December 1, 2023. J-term and 8 and 10-week internship students may earn a $500 scholarship during the same scholarship application window.
- Then, complete a qualifying API program application at https://connect.apiabroad.com/create-account and satisfy all of the conditions of participation set forth in the applicable program (including, but not limited to, applying for, being accepted into, paying for and fully participating in an API program).
- Students participating in customized/faculty-led programs or virtual programs are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
- Students who applied for their program prior to March 9, 2023 may not be eligible to receive the Learning Experience scholarship.
- This scholarship can only be combined with other API-funded scholarships upon review and approval by API’s scholarship committee.
- In order to be eligible to participate in the Learning Experience Scholarship you must satisfy all of the conditions of participation set forth in the applicable program (including, but not limited to, applying for, being accepted into, paying for and fully participating in an API program).
- The Learning Experience Scholarship is inapplicable for any other API program or timeframe other than as expressly included in the Learning Experience Scholarships set forth above.
- Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- API reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Learning Experience Scholarship.
- By participating, you agree to release and hold harmless API from and against any and all claims of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Learning Experience Scholarship.
- By offering the foregoing program, API does not represent or warrant that travel to any particular area is without risk, and API is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to any particular destination.
- In the event you fail to fully satisfy your eligibility obligations for the Learning Experience Scholarship, then you agree to reimburse API for its direct costs pursuant to the Learning Experience Scholarship.