Complete the APIConnect Scholarship Application so we may alert the API Foundation and your institution that you are seeking additional funding for your API experience. Scholarships of up to $1,000 may be available.
APIConnect Scholarships can only be applied to qualifying API programs. Completion of this request is not a guarantee scholarship funding will be granted.
APIConnect Scholarship Terms and Conditions
By submitting an application for the APIConnect Scholarship, whereby API will provide a scholarship of up to $1,000 for your qualifying API Study or Intern Abroad Program, you agree to the following terms & conditions, which are final and binding in all respects. Individual students are subject to scholarship maximums when applying and/or being eligible for multiple API-funded scholarships.
To earn the scholarship, students must:
- Complete the APIConnect Scholarship Application within the application deadlines listed below.
- Summer session students – April 15th
- Fall and Academic Year Session students – June 25th
- Spring session students – November 10th
- Then, complete a qualifying API program application at https://connect.apiabroad.com/create-account and satisfy all of the conditions of participation set forth in the applicable program (including, but not limited to, applying for, being accepted into, paying for and fully participating in an API program).
- Be granted the funding by your API Member home institution and the API Foundation.
- Scholarships only apply towards a qualifying API program:
- Summer, short-term (J-term, Maymester, quarter-term, and 8 or 10 week internships) may receive up to $500.
- Semester, academic year and 12 week internships may receive up to $1000.
- This scholarship can only be combined with other API-funded scholarships upon review and approval by API’s scholarship committee.
- Students must submit one application per scholarship for which they wish to be considered.
- In order to be eligible to participate in the APIConnect Scholarship you must satisfy all of the conditions of participation set forth in the applicable program (including, but not limited to, applying for, being accepted into, paying for and fully participating in an API program).
- The APIConnect Scholarship is inapplicable for any other API program or timeframe other than as expressly included in the APIConnect Scholarship set forth above.
- Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- API reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the APIConnect Scholarship.
- By participating, you agree to release and hold harmless API from and against any and all claims of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the APIConnect Scholarship.
- By offering the foregoing program, API does not represent or warrant that travel to any particular area is without risk, and API is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to any particular destination.
- In the event you fail to fully satisfy your eligibility obligations for the APIConnect Scholarship, then you agree to reimburse API for its direct costs pursuant to the APIConnect Scholarship.