API Abroad Photo and Video Contest
Official Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Photo and Video Contest begins at 12:00AM CST on 8/23/2021 and ends at 11:59PM CST on 12/31/2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
The sponsor of the Contest is Academic Programs International (“API” or the ”Sponsor”). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries (defined below) and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsor may be reached by email at [email protected] during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the U.S. who are 18 years or older (the ”Entrant”). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the “Promotion Entities”), are ineligible to enter the Photo and Video Contest or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Photo and Video Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZES: Three (3) cash prizes will be awarded in each of the following five (5) Contest categories for a total of 15 prizes: HITS DIFFERENT IN…, #ISPYAPI, THE MOMENT, VIDEO SHORTS, and VIRTUAL. First place in each category wins $500 (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $500), second place in each category wins $250 (ARV: $250), and third place in each category wins $100 (ARV: $100). Total ARV: $4,250. Entrants may receive more than one prize. Prizes are subject to Federal, State and Local taxes.
Prizes will be issued to the winners in the form of electronic or physical Visa gift cards. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
The Contest is open only to legal residents of the U.S. and the District of Columbia. Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Contest during the Promotion Period by completing a submission form on the API Abroad website: https://apiabroad.com/api-photo-contest/ (an “Entry”) or sending email to [email protected] For video entries, entrants can send the video file to [email protected], upload the file in the photos section of the submission form, or first upload to YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram Reels or TikTok and provide a link. Uploads to any third party platform MUST contain the hashtag #ispyapi. Entrants can submit as many Entries as they want; however, automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Entry must be made by the Entrant. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The winners of the Contest will be selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period by a panel of judges composed of API Abroad staff. The judging will be conducted two to four (2-4) weeks after the Promotion Period by Sponsor and its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Judging will be based on:
- Adherence to the category descriptions
- Appropriateness for the audience
- The uniqueness of the subject matter
- The degree to which the photo or video tells a compelling story in a quick, easy to digest manner
- Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by contact information provided in the Entry on or about five (5) business days after the judging. Potential winners must accept a prize as directed by Sponsor within three (3) business days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or potential winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable, refusal by a potential winner of his or her prize, or failure by a potential winner to comply with any of these Official Rules may result in the potential winner’s disqualification and prize forfeiture. In such an event, the Entrant with the next highest score, as determined by the procedure states above, may be selected as an alternate winner. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively ”the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to Entrant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Contest.
If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, acts of God, epidemics, pandemics, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and the Promotion Entities shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Photo and Video Contest.
9. RELEASE: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or the receipt, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical malfunctions related to computer hardware or software, servers, Internet connectivity, or telephone or network lines; (c) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; (d) typographical or printing errors in any Contest-related materials; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (f) late, lost, delayed, intercepted or undeliverable mail or email; (g) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including, without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm, or destruction of any aspect of the Contest; or (h) injury or damage to persons or property and/or death, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
10. RIGHTS GRANTED BY ENTRANT: By entering the Contest, Entrant understands and agrees that API or anyone acting on behalf of API shall have the irrevocable, perpetual, and exclusive license and right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, use, modify, create derivative works from, and display in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, Entrant’s Entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Entrant waives all moral rights in and to the Entry in favor of the Sponsor and will not have any ownership of intellectual property Sponsor creates using any Entry. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designee to make use of the rights Entrant is granting to use the Entry. By entering this contest, Entrant represents and warrants that Entrant’s entry is an original work of authorship, accurately reflects the subject matter and the scene as it appeared, has not been previously published or won any award, does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights, does not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest, complies with these Official Rules, does not contain obscene, indecent, hateful, discriminatory, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, offensive or inappropriate content, does not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission, communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate, and does not contain any material that is unlawful or otherwise inappropriate. If Entrant’s entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, Entrant will be disqualified at the sole discretion of API. If the content of Entrant’s Entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, Entrant shall, at Entrant’s sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. Entrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless API from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which API may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
11. WINNERS’ LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ List or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to API Abroad Spring Fair Giveaway, 301 Camp Craft Road, Austin, TX 78746. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than 3 business days after the Promotion Period has ended. The Winners’ List will be posted here: https://apiabroad.com/api-photo-contest/ after winner confirmation is complete.
- SPONSOR: API Abroad, 301 Camp Craft Road, Austin, TX 78746, [email protected]