API’s 2022 $1,000 & $500
The 2022 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
By participating in API’s promotional program, whereby API will provide up to a $1,000 scholarship for your qualifying API 2023 Study or Intern Abroad Program (the “Promotional Program”), you agree to the following terms & conditions, which are final and binding in all respects:
- To Earn the Scholarship, Students Must: Complete the form on this page (above) to apply for the scholarship. Then complete a 2023 program application at https://connect.apiabroad.com/create-account and satisfy all of the conditions of participation set forth in the applicable program (including, but not limited to, applying for, being accepted into, paying for and fully participating in an API 2023 program).
- For core Spring 2023 semester and 12-Week Internship programs, you must apply between September 6, 2022 and October 31, 2022 (now expired) to be eligible for the $1,000 scholarship. Core J-Term, Quarter, Maymester and other short-term program participants are eligible for a $500 scholarship by starting you between September 6, 2022 and October 31, 2022 (now expired).
- For core Fall 2023 semester and 21-week internship programs, you must apply between September 6, 2022 and December 31, 2022 to be eligible for the $1,000 scholarship. Core summer, 8 and 10 week internships, and other short-term program participants are eligible for a $500 scholarship by applying between September 6, 2022 and December 31, 2022.
- Students participating in customized/faculty-led programs are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
- Individual students are subject to scholarship maximums when applying and/or being eligible for multiple API-funded scholarships.
- Students with existing applications can not start a new application and be considered for this Scholarship. If you do not qualify for this scholarship, students are encouraged to visit https://apiabroad.com/scholarships/ and apply to a different scholarship using the process outlined on that page.
- In order to be eligible to participate in the Promotional Program you must satisfy all of the conditions of participation set forth in the applicable program (including, but not limited to, applying for, being accepted into, paying for and fully participating in an API 2023 program).
- The Promotional Program (and therefore the offer to pay up to $1000 in scholarships) is inapplicable for any other API program or timeframe other than as expressly included in the Promotional Program set forth above.
- Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- API reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotional Program.
- By participating, you agree to release and hold harmless API from and against any and all claims of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Promotional Program.
- By offering the foregoing promotion, API does not represent or warrant that travel to any particular area is without risk, and API is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to any particular destination.
- API cannot guarantee the accuracy of, and therefore disclaims all liability for any errors or other inaccuracies relating to, the information and description of any air travel.
- The airlines are independent entities and not agents or employees of API. API is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any airline.
- API has no liability in the event of any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or other causes beyond its direct control, and API has no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.
- In no event shall API be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, your access to, or use of the airline’s services whether based on a theory of negligence, contract, tort, strict liability, consumer protection statutes, or otherwise.
- In the event you fail to fully satisfy your eligibility obligations for the Promotional Program, then you agree to reimburse API for its direct costs pursuant to the Promotional Program.
- Virtual Programs are disqualified from inclusion.