Scholarship Your Way to
JAPAN, GREECE, OR SOUTH KOREA
API’s Japan | Greece | South Korea Scholarship Terms and Conditions
By submitting an application for API’s Japan Scholarship program, whereby API will provide a scholarship of up to $1,000 to up to 15 students who go on API’s Fall 2023 semester program to Japan and up to 10 students who go on API’s Spring 2024 program to Japan, Greece, or South Korea, you agree to the following terms & conditions, which are final and binding in all respects.
This scholarship can not be combined with any other API-funded scholarship.
To earn the scholarship, students must:
- Complete the Scholarship Your Way to Japan, Greece, South Korea Application by
- May 31, 2023 for the Fall 2023 program session.
- September 30, 2023 for the Spring 2024 program session.
- Then, complete an application for API’s Multidisciplinary Studies and Japanese Culture for the Fall 2023 semester or Multidisciplinary Studies and Japanese Culture, Full Curriculum at Hellenic American University in Athens, or Full Curriculum at Korea University in Seoul for Spring 2024 semester and satisfy all of the conditions of participation set forth in the applicable program (including, but not limited to, applying for, being accepted into, paying for and fully participating in an API program).
- Be selected by the API Scholarship Committee as a Scholarship recipient.
- Students participating in customized/faculty-led programs are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
- This Scholarship only applies towards the Fall 2023 semester in Tokyo, Japan or the Spring 2024 semester programs in Tokyo, Japan, Athens Greece, or Seoul, south Korea.
- Students must demonstrate financial need.
- This scholarship can not be combined with any other API-funded scholarship.
- Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- API reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this scholarship.
- By participating, you agree to release and hold harmless API from and against any and all claims of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Japan|/Greece/South Korea Scholarship.
- By offering the foregoing program, API does not represent or warrant that travel to any particular area is without risk, and API is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to any particular destination.
- In the event you fail to fully satisfy your eligibility obligations for the Japan/Greece/South Korea Scholarship, then you agree to reimburse API for its direct costs pursuant to the Japan/Greece/South Korea Scholarship.