API SURVEY OF PROSEPCTIVE STUDENTS (SPL) SWEEPSTAKES, FALL 2022 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The API SPL Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will be held from 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 31, 2022 to 11:59:59 p.m ET on Dec 31, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, high school or college students at the time of entry, and are a recipient of a link to the API Survey of Prospective Learners (the “Survey”). The officers, directors and employees of Academic Programs International, LLC (“Sponsor”) and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of the Released Parties are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence whether or not they are related. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period, click on the Survey link and follow the instructions provided by Sponsor to complete and submit the Survey. After you have completed the survey, you will be entered in the Sweepstakes. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Any attempt by entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
Proof of submitting an entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to the entrant or acknowledged. Entries submitted by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, entries by any means which subvert the entry process, entries mechanically reproduced, and entries made in any fashion other than as specified herein are void and will be disqualified. Entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of the prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below.
In the event of a dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO COMPLY WITH AND BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
4. PRIZE(S): The prizes for entrants are as follows:
College Student Grand Prize: One student winner will receive a one thousand dollar ($1,000.00) scholarship that can be applied to an API program through December 31, 2023. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,000.00
Eighty (20) Second Prizes: Each winner will receive one (1) twenty-five dollar ($25.00) Amazon gift card. ARV: $500.00
Total ARV of all prizes: $1,5000.00.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of a prize. Prizes have no cash equivalent, and winners may not substitute, assign or transfer a prize or any portion of a prize. Prize are subject to all terms, conditions and restrictions imposed by issuers. Sponsor shall determine all details and restrictions of the prizes not specified in these Official Rules in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for all expenses not included as part of the Prize. Winner(s) is/are also solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, local and other tax liabilities in connection with winner’s receipt and/or use of the Prize. Grand Prize winners will be required to provide his/her Social Security number for tax reporting purposes. Sponsor will not replace lost, damaged or stolen prizes (or any portion thereof) or provide a refund or other compensation for cancellations or delays. If there is a monetary difference between the stated prize value and the actual prize value, the difference will not be awarded. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON.
In accepting a Grand Prize, Grand Prize winners acknowledge and agree that travel has certain inherent risks of injury and harm to person and property and that winners are responsible for obtaining travel insurance if it is so desired. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply, including, but not limited to, availability, and other restrictions, which are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, accommodation supplier(s), other transportation companies, or any other persons providing any prize-related services. Sponsor is not liable for any results (e.g., missed opportunities or expenses, etc.) caused by any travel delays. Grand Prize winners agree not to engage in behavior that is disruptive, denigrates Sponsor, is threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Grand Prize winners must provide a valid U.S. identification (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license for domestic trips or a valid U.S. passport for international trips) that will also be valid as of the date of the program to take delivery of a Grand Prize.
5. WINNER SELECTION: On or about January 15, 2023, the potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (the “Drawing”). Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. All decisions of Sponsor regarding the Sweepstakes are made in the Sponsor’s sole discretion and are final and binding in all respects.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by email provided during entry (the “Notification”) on or about thirty  days after the Drawing and must follow the instructions provided in the Notification to claim their prize, which may include signing and returning an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release (an “Affidavit”). If potential Grand Prize or First Prize winners do not properly execute an Affidavit or if potential winners do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, their prize will be forfeited. Potential winners’ rejection of a prize or return of a prize may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate potential winner from among all remaining eligible entries received. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinion and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. Winner notifications not responded to or returned as undeliverable within the Notification Period or potential winners’ rejection of a prize or return of a prize may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select alternate potential winners from among all remaining eligible entries received.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are made in Sponsor’s sole discretion and are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who is responsible for, tampers with, cheats, deceives, or otherwise engages in unfair practices concerning the administration, operation or security of the Sweepstakes or intends to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any late, lost, damaged or incorrect entries; (b) any typographical errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including all advertising for the Sweepstakes, these Official Rules and the distribution of the prizes; (c) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (d) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (e) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (f) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (g) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (h) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, regularly scheduled maintenance, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, an act of God, supply shortages, natural disasters, epidemics, pandemics, or any other reason, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend the drawing and Prize award, and Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize using all known eligible entries received as of the date of termination in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
10. RELEASE: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or the receipt, acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical malfunctions related to computer hardware or software, servers, Internet connectivity, or telephone or network lines; (c) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; (d) typographical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) late, lost, delayed, intercepted or undeliverable mail or email; (g) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm, or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes; or (h) injury or damage to persons or property and/or death, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use, or misuse of the Prize. Each entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. GOVERNING LAW: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to conflicts of law principles. Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state courts located in the State of Texas for the resolution of any disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes or any prize (individually, “Claim”). All Claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Any claims, judgments and/or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including without limitation costs incurred with entering this Sweepstakes. Entrant hereby waives any rights or claims to attorney’s fees, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of entrant, identifiable persons, or third party participants, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise.
13. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to API Survey of Prospective Learners Sweepstakes. Requests must be postmarked no later than Jan 31, 2023.
14. SPONSOR: Academic Programs International LLC, 301 Camp Craft Rd., Suite 200 Austin, TX 78746.