SEARCH WITH THE PROGRAM FINDER
LEARN MORE ABOUT INTERNSHIPS
Design Your Own Customized Program
Art History in Florence. Biomedical Engineering in Barcelona. Comparative Healthcare Systems in Havana. Global Business in London. With API Customized Programs, some of the best learning happens outside of the classroom walls. The world is your classroom. API is ready to help you develop your next customized or faculty-led program.
Learn About Developing a Customized Program
API Virtual Programs
Experience the world from anywhere in the world with API’s virtual programs. Tackle global challenges, study a new language with native speakers, give your resume a global edge, and more! Want to go abroad and go virtual? You can mix and match your programs to do both at the same time.
Experience the freedom of choice and flexibility. Explore our virtual programs and customize it to your schedule!
Study Abroad + Options
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Read on to learn more about our API experience for gap students.
Whether you want to earn academic credit, learn Spanish, or simply explore...API is here to provide you with real, live experiences that promote growth and global learning.
Boost your resume, try out different majors, explore personal interests, and complete general education requirements from accredited universities all at the same time!
No need to plan for a full year—unless that's what you want! We have options for intensive short-term studies, semester or quarter-long terms, or a full academic year.
Anyone participating in APIConnect Gap has access to the opportunity for scholarships toward future on-site study abroad programs ranging from $500 - $3000!
Create your perfect term alongside API with a menu of classes and career-oriented course track options from universities around the world!
Uncover new interests, explore courses, and complete general education requirements all with an international perspective.
All classes listed have no prerequisites—enroll and explore!
As part of this program, you complete activities and exercises earning you a Global Agility Badge or complete the activities in Spanish to earn a Global Agility Gold Badge.
EXPLORE GLOBAL COURSES NOW
Work in a peer group to uncover creative business solutions to global challenges.
Develop entrepreneurial business skills needed in a real-world environment.
Take an idea from concept to product in a lab setting with mentors and cultural coaches along the way.
You will receive three badges in the API Digital Badge stack, including: Global Innovation, Global Teamwork, and Global Problem-Solving.
SHOW ME MORE
Engage with a team of peers to produce an action plan to support community-based organizations locally with a global perspective.
Learn from cultural coaches and field experts about various approaches to community organizing, advocacy, civic engagement, and allyship for marginalized communities.
Build a global-to-local advocacy action plan leveraging a domestic and international network of community partners to enact change.
As part of this program, you complete activities and exercises earning you a Global-to-Local Community Engagement Badge.
Engage with a mentor at an international NGO or small business and gain first-hand experience of how different kinds of industries operate through project-based work.
Add an international edge to your resume with skills like: digital agility, cross-cultural collaboration, virtual networking, and more!
Full-time and part-time placements available in a variety fields based in Latin America and the South Pacific.
As part of this program, you complete activities and exercises earning you a Global Workplace Communication Badge or complete the activities in Spanish for a Global Workplace Communication Gold Badge.
SEE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Study Spanish at your level, from beginner to advanced, in an intensive virtual environment while earning college credit from either Universidad de Salamanca in Spain or Universidad Veritas in Costa Rica. API has also partnered with Université Grenoble Alpes to bring you short-term language opportunities in French!
Practice and learn Spanish or French with locals, helping you to build and refine your language skills quickly with courses lasting 2 - 4 weeks. End your session as a more confident speaker, understanding the nuances of local culture, and the complexities of native conversation.
API’S DIGITAL BADGE PROGRAM
STUDY WITH UNIVERSIDAD DE SALAMANCA
STUDY WITH UNIVERSIDAD VERITAS
As part of this program, you complete activities and exercises in Spanish, earning you a Global Agility Gold Badge.
STUDY WITH UNIVERSITE GRENOBLE ALPES
Everything from customized coursework to cultural experiences, API has packaged it all in one curated, collaborative space.
Take classes from talented instructors around the world, then meet up with one of API’s Global Guides to experience the sights and sounds of a new destination.
- Participate in a scavenger hunt through the streets of London, a neighborhood tour of Berlin, or a street art and graffiti tour through Valparaiso, Chile.
- Join international movie nights, trivia nights, bake-offs, or cooking classes where you'll learn to make food like a Tortilla Española with our staff in Spain.
- Learn about the European soccer league, explore music from sites like Ireland and Chile, or attend a French cheese tasting class.
AND MANY MORE!
Earn unique digital credentials you can display on your LinkedIn, e-portfolio, online resume, etc.
1. Show employers the specific steps you took to build essential skills they value, like leadership, strategic planning, empathy, and more.
2. Level-up your virtual experience by completing guided activities that connect you with global experts.
3. Demonstrate your ability to maximize opportunities to thrive in the virtual environment and a readiness to innovate in a global, digital economy.
Earn this digital badge by completing activities attached to API's Global Select program.
- The exercises are designed to enhance your global career readiness by building skills like leadership, strategic planning, cultural competence, and more!
- Show employers your agility in embracing diverse points of view to produce meaningful change and transform challenge to opportunity.
You can level-up your badge when you focus on Spanish language learning! Complete selected activities in Spanish and display language fluency to future employers.
This digital badge is the capstone badge of the Innovation Lab Digital Badge Stack. Earn it in the Innovation Lab course. With it, you showcase your ability to:
- Collaborate with teammates to innovate solutions to global challenges.
- Learn from cultural coaches and build connections with industry mentors.
- Connect your solutions to real-world applications.
- Drive innovation to make a meaningful impact.
This digital badge is part of the Innovation Lab Digital Badge Stack.
- Earn this digital badge by working with a team to create innovative solutions to global problems.
- Diverse perspectives, cultural competence, and a drive to succeed are all key to collaborations that make an impact.
- Assess your collaborative skills, practice peer review, and refine your individual approach to leadership in team settings.
- Earn this badge through addressing global problem solving by embracing diverse perspectives, leveraging curiosity, networking with experts, and piloting solutions.
- Design, implement, assess, and modifying to test your hypotheses and grow skills of resilience and change management.
Earn this Digital Badge by navigating diverse cultural workplace environments and developing essential skills necessary for success in a global economy.
- Contribute meaningfully to strategic goals of an international company by refining communication skills through practice in real time.
- Demonstrate your ability to embrace innovation in remote work and enhance your individual professional strengths with a global perspective.
You can level-up your badge when you focus on Spanish language learning! Complete selected activities in Spanish and display language fluency to future employers
Create meaningful community engagement opportunities locally with a global perspective. Connect impactful solutions to real-world challenges and create change by actively enacting plans developed, designed, and delivered with community goals in mind.