This scholarship fund was created in memory of Lauren Elizabeth Lund of Bemidji, Minnesota. Lauren studied in Tuscania through the API program at Lorenzo de’Medici (LdM) in the fall of 2015.
Lauren’s passion for learning, languages, wine, and coffee brought her to Tuscania. While there, she greatly enjoyed learning from the locals and the more relaxed lifestyle. In addition to her academics, Lauren’s favorite experience in Italy was being immersed in the culture through time spent with her host family, including weekly dinners with her host family grandmothers. Lauren was known for her love of life, friendship, and dedication to others. In establishing this
scholarship, Lauren’s family would like to ensure that another student would be able to have an experience in
Italy similar to Lauren’s.
The Lauren Lund Memorial Scholarship will provide for full tuition for one student each spring term.
This scholarship is available to API Tuscania or Three-Cities spring program participants only. To be eligible for
an API scholarship, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
● 3.0 GPA or above
● Accepted to the API Tuscania or Three-Cities program and/or have submitted a complete API program application on or before the scholarship application deadline
● Demonstrate financial need
Note: Scholarship recipients will be required to submit one blog post during or immediately following their study or intern abroad program. The submission must comply with API’s policies regarding language and subject matter, and API will retain the rights to edit and publish this post on its social media, website and API advising materials, as appropriate.
● Letter of recommendation: Submit one letter of recommendation from a professor or assistant professor, separate from the letter of recommendation that you provided for your API program application.
● Essay #1: Write a personal essay (1 page maximum) highlighting your financial circumstances. It is important that you clearly state your financial need or any special circumstances of which you would like API to be aware.
● Essay #2: Write a personal essay (1 page maximum) explaining why you chose Tuscania or the Three-Cities program. What was the greatest draw? What are your personal goals for your time in Italy? How do you envision this experience will impact your personal, academic or professional trajectory?