Cancellation and Withdrawal Policy during
What if API cancels the program prior to the original start date?
API will refund students all payments made, including the application deposit ($150) and confirmation payment ($400).
What if the student’s home university moves to suspend participation in a Spring, Summer or Fall 2021 program?
Students enrolled in 2022 programs and beyond are subject to API’s standard withdrawal policies. See more on the Withdrawal Policies page.
- More than 60 days out from the program start date: API will refund all payments made, including $150 application deposit and the confirmation payment.
- 31-59 days out from the program start date: API will retain only the $150 application deposit and the $400 confirmation payment, and will refund all other program fees.
- 1-30 days out from the program start date: Students are responsible for 50% of the program fee, plus the application and confirmation deposits.
What if the student seeks to withdraw, independently of any decisions made by API or their home university?
- STUDENTS ENROLLED IN 2021 PROGRAMS WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING POLICIES. (This includes Spring, Summer, Fall 2021 and Academic Year 2021-2022 terms.)
- STUDENTS ENROLLED IN WINTER/SPRING 2022 PROGRAMS AND BEYOND WILL BE SUBJECT TO API’S STANDARD WITHDRAWAL POLICIES.
- Withdrawals 61+ days out from the program start date: API will refund all payments made, except the $150 application deposit.
- Withdrawals 31-60 days prior to program start date: API will refund all fees, except the $150 application deposit and $400 confirmation payment.
- Withdrawals 1 – 30 days prior to the program start date: The student is responsible for 50% of the program cost plus the application deposit and confirmation payment, as well as any additional fees accrued.
- Withdrawal on the program start date or after the program has begun: The student is responsible for 100% of the program cost as well as any additional fees accrued.
- No refunds from API will be provided to students if a program is cancelled or suspended after the program start date, nor if a university moves to recall students from abroad after the program has begun.
What is API’s deferral policy?
The opportunity to study and travel internationally is something we hope all students can experience. In the event that API cancels a program due to COVID-19 or should a student choose to not travel internationally at this time, we encourage all applicants to consider deferring to a future program. A student can defer their application to the same program next year or to another upcoming program that fits their academic or career goals. As long as the student makes this decision 61 or more days prior to the program start date, all deposits can be transferred to the future program.
If API cancels a program, the Program Coordinator/Manager will invite students to consider deferring. If a student makes the choice not to go abroad before API has cancelled, they can simply email us to defer their enrollment. Please note that the standard withdrawal policy will be applied to the new session and the application deposit is non-refundable unless a student is not admitted into the API program or the API program is cancelled.
If a student prefers to withdraw from a program, they will need to alert the Program Coordinator/Manager in writing, as soon as possible.
As global COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions continue to evolve, so too will our policies in response to the pandemic. We will do our best to keep our students informed.
API is here for you!
Curious which options work best for you? We’re here to help. Chat with us, or give us a call at 1-512-600-8900 or toll free at 1-800-844-4124 weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.