API is excited to offer an opportunity to both study and intern in New Zealand! Through a partnership with AUT University in Auckland, students could gain valuable internship experience while spending the semester abroad! You can learn more about AUT and life abroad in New Zealand here.
AUT’s semester-long study-internship program provides API students the opportunity to undertake a part-time supervised work placement in their chosen field, along with 2 mainstream AUT courses (known as “papers”). This is equivalent to full-time status and will award 12-16 semester credits.
You will spend 15 to 20 hours per week at your work placement and will attend class sessions and complete academic assignments related to your work experiences. A workplace supervisor and an academic supervisor will be assigned to you and the Internship paper will be graded.
Placements can be found in most fields, depending on your prior study and experience. Placements are not available in health/medical related industries and education.
You have the benefit of a semester abroad, soaking up the unique NZ culture, while gaining valuable work experience in a NZ setting. AUT University is ideally situated in the heart of New Zealand’s largest commercial centre so the opportunities are boundless.
Study-Internship provides opportunities for students to:
- Complete work of value to an organization.
- Understand and fulfill workplace expectations.
- Become an effective member of an organization.
- Grow in maturity, self-awareness and confidence.
- Begin to develop professional judgement.
- Increase and develop interests, aptitudes and abilities in a business, government or community organization environment.
Special entry requirements:
- GPA of 3.0
- Completion of 2 years of university study by the commencement of the program
- Resume (curriculum vitae) outlining academic and employment history, key skills, interests, and hobbies
There is a supplemental placement fee of $585 for participation in the Study-Internship course option.
For more info, you can head on over to the API website here: https://www.apistudyabroad.com/programs/new-zealand/auckland/aut-university-direct-enrollment/