The deadline for the Service Learning Summer program in Quito, Ecuador is fast approaching! Apply by 3/15 to participate in this unique opportunity. In this program, you would divide your time between volunteering at local projects and completing online coursework. Students will learn by doing and by reflecting on their actions, all the while contributing to long-term and strategic goals of a community partner abroad.
The online course available for credit that students will participate in is, “Service Learning 101 Course: International Edition”
This course explores the role of culture and service in shaping students personally and professionally for their future roles in both their careers and their communities.
In this course, students will:
- Learn about intercultural communication and competence, as well as cultural understanding
- Engage with underserved and under-represented populations
- Gain soft skills through the challenges and opportunities of living and working abroad
Students will be engaged in ongoing service through partnerships with community agencies as an integral part of the course.
The course integrates three main areas of focus:
- Engagement in service activities with a selected community partner in a mutually beneficial relationship based on a spirit of collaboration
- Reflection upon larger issues that affect communities through readings, journal entries and discussions
- Integration of community engagement and academic learning through discussions, papers, presentations and experiential activities
You can learn more about this opportunity here, https://www.apistudyabroad.com/programs/ecuador/quito/ecuador-service-learning-summer/course-offerings/