Virtual Scholarship Offer
Official Terms and Conditions
Students who enroll in an API virtual program in 2020 through Summer session 2 programs in 2021 will be eligible for a scholarship applicable to a future on-site program. Scholarship eligibility for 2020/2021 virtual program participants is as follows:
- $3,000 scholarship to be applied to the cost of an on-site quarter or semester study abroad program in 2021 or 2022;
- $500 scholarship to be applied to the cost of an on-site summer study or intern abroad program in 2021 or 2022;
- $500 scholarship to be applied to the cost of an on-site semester Study and Intern program in 2021 or 2022.
- Full $3,000 scholarships/discounts cannot be applied to future Jan-Term, Intensive Month, applicable to summer or semester/quarter sessions only (including summer on-site internships).
- Internship programs (semester study + intern, fixed semester and summer) are eligible for a $500 discount.
- No discount for multiple programs during the same semester, but a 5% discount can be applied to a subsequent virtual term
- Siblings can get the standard 5% discount that we offer for regular SA programs.
- Affiliate scholarships do not apply to virtual programs.
- Affiliate scholarships for 2021 will be calculated based on 2019 totals, not 2020 since programs were suspended.
- Participants in virtual programs are eligible to apply for the standard API scholarship (fall deadline June 10).
- Only one promotion can be applied at a time to any program.
SCHOLARSHIP: Students who enroll in an API Virtual program in 2020 and 2021 will be eligible for a scholarship applicable to a future on-site program.
This scholarship is open to legal residents of U.S. and will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the student. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
Students need to enroll in a virtual program in 2020 and 2021 are eligible
Automated or robotic enrollments submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Entry must be made by the Student. Any attempt by Student to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Student’s Entries and that Student may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this promotion.
STUDENT NOTIFICATION: Students will be notified via email in the contact information provided by the Student Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this scholarship; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the s; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the scholarship or download of any materials in the scholarship.
If, for any reason, the Scholarship is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this scholarship, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the scholarship in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all scholarship distribution, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the scholarship.
OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to API ABROAD 20-21 VIRTUAL SCHOLARSHIP OFFER OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, 301 Camp Craft Road, Austin, TX 78746. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than 3 business days after the Promotion Period has ended. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
SPONSOR: API Abroad, 301 Camp Craft Road, Austin, TX 78746, [email protected]